The secure CJSM email is:
Raymond is a criminal practitioner with extensive experience of representing defendants charged with all types of offences. His attention to detail, informed judgment and robust advocacy have earned him a busy practice defending in the Crown Court. Raymond returned to 1MCB in 2016 after four years spent practising in Guyana.
Raymond has extensive experience of representing defendants charged with all types of criminal offence, whether as sole counsel, led junior or leader.
He will give timely advice on matters where Queen’s Counsel may be needed, as well advice on experts or on evidence generally.
Raymond considers constant dialogue with instructing solicitors to be essential, especially in legally or factually complex cases.
Raymond has appeared in most Crown Courts in the England and Wales. In 2016 he returned from practice in Guyana where, from 2012, he appeared in a number of high profile murder trials and offences of a sexual nature.
Before his departure he appeared in the following cases of note :
- Murder junior led by a QC at the Central Criminal Court – R v Gurang;
- Junior in a multi-handed fraud at Southwark Crown Court – R v Agyemang;
- Led in a multi-handed fraud at Snaresbrook Crown Court – R v Okparu;
- Junior in multi-handed insurance fraud at Birmingham Crown Court – R v X;
- Junior in drugs conspiracy at Southampton Crown Court – R v Y;
- Junior in a robbery conspiracy at Kingston Crown Court – R v Z.
Some examples of cases where Raymond has appeared upon resuming practice in UK:
- Historic rape – Isleworth Crown Court – R v M;
- Multi handed kidnap – Guildford Crown Court – R v R and 3 others;
- Multi handed fraud – Southwark Crown Court – R v A and 4 others;
- Possession of firearm – Woolwich Crown Court – R v B;
- Section 20 OAPA (domestic) – Woolwich Crown Court – R v Hazzait;
- Possession class A with intent – Woolwich Crown – R v K.
Other pending cases:
- Multi-handed historic rape – Harrow Crown Court – R v D and two others;
- Attempted murder – Guildford Crown Court – R v R;
- Murder, possession of firearms, robbery, possession of criminal property – Basildon Crown Court – R v C and 2 others;
- Multi-handed conspiracy to supply class A – Snaresbrook Crown Court – R v A and 3 others;
- Possession of class A with intent – Court of Appeal – R v S.
- LL.B (Hons)
- Bar Vocational Course – Inns of Court School of Law School
- Hugh Wooding Law School – Caribbean Bar
Hobbies & interests
QPR, extensive record collection of rare funk, soul and house music.