The secure CJSM email is:
Roger is a very experienced leading junior practising crime on the South Eastern Circuit. Roger defends in serious criminal cases only, specialising in sexual offences. He prosecutes and defends, and is a specialist rape list prosecutor at grade 3.
Roger is a specialist in sexual offences.
- R v DJ (2010), Guildford Crown Court – successfully defending in a revenge male rape, representing client with severe learning difficulties;
- R v TD (2011), Winchester Crown Court – mitigating for senior industrialist charged with grooming children and making indecent images of children;
- R v CS (2011), Stafford Crown Court – successfully defending defendant on charges of possessing extreme pornography (death fetish images);
- R v GE (2010), Mold Crown Court – successfully set aside a guilty plea and secured the offering of no evidence for a defendant on extreme pornography charges involving sex with animals and male genital mutilation images;
- R v DP (2011-12), Snaresbrook Crown Court – defending then mitigating in rapes and strangulation of a prostitute, where the victim was burned. Hybrid restriction order disposal under Mental Health Act.
- R v CS (2012), Woolwich Crown Court. – leading Iain Edwards in a Jamaican in firearms case. Indictment stayed after nine day abuse of process argument;
- R v RW (2012), Woolwich Crown Court – successfully prosecuting possession of Colt 45 + 8 live rounds;
- R v S (2011), Croydon Crown Court – leading Mike Chambers in defence of father charged with neglect and cruelty to child, involving terrible internal injuries. Eight doctors gave expert evidence. Successfully established through the experts that the timing of injuries and rate of healing proved that the Defendant could not have inflicted the injuries;
- R v F (2012), Woolwich Crown Court – successfully prosecuted major fraudster in ‘card not present’ fraud and subsequent confiscation proceedings;
- R v MG (2011), St Albans Crown Court – representing a teacher at a large secondary school grooming and sexually abusing schoolgirls in his charge, and eventually securing a suspended sentence;
- R v GS (2010-12), Maidstone Crown Court and Court of Appeal – defending in leading test case on publishing obscene articles. Successfully brought two trials to an end with submissions of no case to answer, one of which was overturned by Court of Appeal, establishing guidance in a test case. Defendant then pleaded guilty after a Goodyear indication of a suspended sentence.
LLB Hons AKC. Kings College London University
Middle Temple Churchill Scholarship
Hobbies & interests
- Eastern European Gypsy Jazz
- Playing Double bass
- All things Polish
Regular lecturer on sexual offences.
- Fluent Polish
- Some French