The secure CJSM email is:
Cynthia is particularly favoured by both the professional and lay client for her approachability and her ability to effectively communicate or relay complex legal issues and/or procedures.
Cynthia has a diverse history of experience. Not only does Cynthia possess academic and vocational skills essential to the English Bar but has acquired academic, vocational and practical knowledge of other common law and civil law jurisdictions.
In crime, Cynthia has prosecuted and defended in most areas. Her range includes sexual offences, organised crime, blackmail, fraud, conspiracies and murder.
In civil, Cynthia appears for both claimants and defendants. Her range includes contract, tort and personal injury.
In family, Cynthia’s range includes private law, public law and financial proceedings after divorce (domestic and international).
Cynthia is an accredited mediator in all areas of law.
Cynthia is qualified to accept direct access instructions.
Cynthia is a mentor for Kingston University’s Beyond Barriers Mentorship Scheme. She also volunteers for the homeless charity, Crisis, each year.
Prosecution and defence in the UK and Assistant to Counsel to the International Criminal Court, The Hague, The Netherlands, offering legal advice, drafting and advocacy.
- R v LU & Others (2015, Inner London Crown Court) -defending a robbery case – acquittal;
- R v BP (2014, Court of Appeal) – successful appeal against sentence relating to historical sexual offences;
- R v Musa & Others  2 Cr App R (S) 99 – conspiracy to commit fraud – largest passport factory;
- R v SJ (2011, Central Criminal Court) – murder – defending an elderly man suffering from dementia who was unfit to plead;
- R v F & Another  EWCA Crim 1096 Court of Appeal – aggravated burglary;
- R v CG and others (2010, Croydon Crown Court) –
conspiracy to supply £1/4 million worth of cocaine at 100% purity – acquittal
- CPD lectures to solicitors;
- Internship at Public Defender’s Office, Charlotte, North Carolina involving state and federal law;
- Kingston Legal Clinic.
Legal advice, drafting and advocacy
R v B – successful defence and counterclaim in a multi-track claim against a millionaire;
M v Admiral Insurance (and others) – a serious multi-track road traffic dispute involving many claimants and defendants concerning unusual complex and sensitive issues of both fact and law;
Santander v R – successfully defending a solicitor’s firm in a professional negligence claim.
Legal advice, drafting & advocacy in private law, public law, and financial proceedings.
- M v G – private law;
- London Borough of Lambeth (Re MF) – care proceedings involving sexual abuse and non-accidental injury;
- O v O – financial proceedings following divorce concerning assets in different jurisdictions.
1 MCB Family Law Pop Up Clinic
Appearing for the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) before disciplinary proceedings involving nurses and midwives.
Also accepts instructions from nurses and midwives in cases before the NMC.
Substantive hearings involving patients’ deaths and professional negligence of nurses and midwives
- Mediator (in all areas of law)
- CPS panel, grade 2
Available for speaking events, training and seminars.
Cynthia recently delivered a family law course over a 3 month period to solicitors Shearman & Sterling LLP, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Reed Smith, Ropes & Gray LLP, Travers Smith and Gibson Dunn.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Regent’s University
- LLB Hons Law with French Law (2:1), Kingston University
- Diplômes d’Etudes Juridiques Françaises, Français Langue Etrangère,Lyon III, Université de Jean Moulin
- Benefactor’s Scholarship & Blackstone Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple.
Hobbies & interests
Horse riding, Argentine tango.