1MCB Chambers was founded forty years ago and remains committed to providing exceptional representation to all sectors of the community. We are a genuinely diverse community of barristers, dedicated to promoting social justice, civil liberties and access to justice.
We are looking to recruit outstanding silks and junior practitioners across all of our practice areas, who are committed to our ethos, innovative and want to contribute to the life of Chambers.
What we offer
1MCB Chambers is committed to supporting its members and offers a flexible working environment for those with caring commitments outside of work or those who require reasonable adjustments. We welcome applications from those returning to the Bar and run a return to work mentorship scheme.
As a tenant at 1MCB Chambers, you will benefit from:
- A positive and collaborative working environment;
- Opportunities and support to progress your practice;
- A professional team of clerks and excellent fee collection;
- Competitive terms for high earners;
- Wellbeing support services;
- Strong links with community organisations and legal charities, both in the UK and internationally;
- Fluidity between teams that promotes sharing of knowledge and ideas between practice areas.
How to apply
We invite applications from individuals or from groups.
To join a vibrant and creative team of lawyers, please send your CV and completed application form to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
The tenancy committee will review your application and contact you about an interview. Interviews will focus on
- your experience and practice;
- your reasons for wanting to join 1MCB Chambers;
- any work that demonstrates an affinity with Chambers’ ethos; and
- your plans for developing your practice.
Chambers is committed to the Equality & Diversity Code for the Bar.
If you are considering applying and wish to have an informal chat about whether we are the right next step for you, please contact Chambers Manager, Julie Clarke.