1MCB Chambers was founded forty years ago and remains committed to providing exceptional representation to all sectors of the community. We are a genuinely diverse community of barristers, dedicated to promoting social justice, civil liberties and access to justice.
As 1MCB Chambers continues to grow and build upon its established history, we are looking to recruit outstanding senior (12 years call +) and junior (5 years call +) practitioners across our main practice areas of crime, civil, family, housing and immigration, who are committed to our ethos and want to contribute to chambers life.
What we offer
1MCB Chambers’ commitment to supporting its members and offering a flexible working environment for those with caring commitments outside or work or those requiring reasonable adjustments was recognised at the Chambers UK Bar Awards 2021, winning Outstanding Set for Diversity and Inclusion.
We particularly encourage and welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, women, persons with disabilities, as well as those returning to the Bar.
As a tenant at 1MCB Chambers, you will benefit from:
- A positive and collaborative working environment;
- Opportunities and support to progress your practice;
- A professional team of clerks and excellent fee collection;
- Competitive terms for high earners;
- Wellbeing support services;
- Strong links with community organisations and legal charities, both in the UK and internationally;
- Fluidity between teams that promotes sharing of knowledge and ideas between practice areas.
How to apply
We invite applications from individuals or from groups.
To join a vibrant and creative team of lawyers, please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to become a member to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
The tenancy committee will review your application and contact you about an interview. Interviews will focus on
- your experience and practice;
- your reasons for wanting to join 1MCB Chambers;
- any work that demonstrates an affinity with chambers’ ethos; and
- your plans for developing your practice.
Chambers is committed to the Equality & Diversity Code for the Bar.
If you are considering applying and wish to have an informal chat about whether we are the right next step for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your main practice area(s) and a member of the Tenancy Committee will contact you.