Available vacancy: Fees Clerk
1MCB Chambers is a well-established and well-respected barristers’ set, offering advice and representation across a range of practice areas, including crime, family, housing and immigration. Described as having a “wealth of talented individuals” (Legal 500), we represent all sectors of the community, particularly disadvantaged groups. We are approachable and accessible for both professional and lay clients. We are business-driven, as well as being committed to legal aid.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Fees Clerk as soon as possible to join our friendly working environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and self-starting Fees Clerk to support chambers with leading criminal and civil barristers.
Work hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday. Applications for part time hours or job shares will be considered.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter addressing the responsibilities and the minimum requirements below to email@example.com.
- Systematically managing all aspects of fees collection across 1MCB Chambers’ multidisciplinary practice areas.
- All aspects of criminal legal aid fee collection
- All aspects of civil legal aid fee collections, including payments on account and inter partes billing.
- Private and direct access fee collection.
- Managing aged debt collection, including creating aged debt reports.
- Producing financial reports with respect to fees for Management Committee.
- Substantial experience of fee collection, chasing and debt collection.
- LEX case management system experience or similar professional software.
- Experience of both criminal and civil legal aid billing.
- Strong IT proficiency, particularly with Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Clear and professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise efficiently and work under pressure.
- Experience of general administrative work and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Experience of working in a Barristers Chambers or legal environment.