The secure CJSM email is:
Janette is a highly experienced practitioner who has always been passionate about family law.
Solicitors and clients regularly comment that she has a friendly and personable approach and provides clients with a professional and sympathetic service, while also being tenacious when necessary.
Her considerable experience provides valuable reassurance to clients, which is based on realistic advice founded on many years of being able to anticipate judicial determinations.
Her principal areas of expertise are:
- Care proceedings involving cases relating to child removal on the basis of physical harm/and or emotional neglect;
- Issues pertaining to local authority care plans, and challenges/ justifications to them;
- FDAC (Family Drug and Alcohol Court) cases where treatment issues are concerned;
- Grandparents applications for special guardianship orders;
- Applications under the Children Act 1989 for child arrangement orders ( formerly residence and contact) to determine where a child should reside, and what time should be spent with the other parent;
- Applications to remove children from the jurisdiction;
- Applications to determine what school a child should attend where there is a dispute between parents.
- Copthall Grammar School
- LLB University College, Cardiff
- LLM University College London
- Barrister, College of Law, Chancery Lane
- Lectured undergraduates at Middlesex University (1977-8)
Hobbies & interests
Politics & art