The secure CJSM email is:
Ranjeet is a highly regarded barrister who specialises in crime, immigration, asylum and human rights work. She is well respected by her professional and lay clients for consistently delivering positive results through her comprehensive and methodical approach to her cases. She has a professional and approachable manner and is often instructed on cases involving young offenders, vulnerable clients and those with mental health problems.
Ranjeet defends in serious cases concerning a wide range of criminal offences varying from violent, sexual, fraud, drugs and regulatory matters. She has been led by Queen’s Counsel and acted alone in lengthy multi-handed trials. She has a particular interest in, and is regularly instructed to defend in, complex fraud and money laundering prosecutions brought by the CPS, DWP and Trading Standards Departments.
- R v CC – child cruelty allegations against parents;
- R v AM – defendant with mental health issues accused of section 18 and section 47 assaults involving hate crime allegations;
- R v GTT – complex benefit fraud and money laundering case involving 26 defendants;
- R v CC – assisting fraudulent trading and trade mark offences in multi-handed case concerning the online sale of vehicle number plates.
Immigration & asylum
Ranjeet provides representation and advice in all areas of immigration, asylum, nationality and human rights law. She has represented clients at all levels of the Immigration and Asylum Chamber in cases ranging from entry clearance to refugee and criminal deportation appeals.
Ranjeet provides advice and representation in regulatory and disciplinary matters.
- LLB (Hons) – Birmingham City University
- BVC – Inns of Court School of Law, London
- Punjabi (fluent);
- Hindi and Urdu (conversational).