When relationships break down, 1MCB Chambers’ family team is there to provide representation at court hearings, advice face-to-face in conference and in writing, and mediation.
Members of the family team offer expertise in all aspects of family law including:
- care proceedings and adoption;
- contact and residence disputes;
- other private law disputes over children, such as where a child should be educated;
- disputes over the movement of children, both within England and Wales and internationally;
- international child abduction;
- divorce, nullity and the validity of marriage;financial relief orders under the Matrimonial Causes Act, the Children Act and TOLATA;
- forced marriage;
- Inheritance Act claims where inadequate provision has been made for a dependant;
- domestic violence applications;
- Court of Protection matters.
As part of a multi-disciplinary chambers, our family barristers can access expert advice on areas of law that commonly impact on family breakdown, including housing, immigration, welfare rights and criminal law.
The family team prides itself on its friendly and personable approach and provides clients with a professional and sympathetic service, aiming to arrive at early settlement in order to minimise the stress of protracted disputes. We consider continuity of representation a priority and are often able to act at short notice in emergency situations.